Howdy! I’m Becky Wade Firth—a mom, marathoner, coach, author, and freelance writer based in Dallas, TX.
While not running upwards of 100 miles per week and racing all over the map, I write about fitness, food/nutrition, health, wellness, travel, and babies/parenting for publications such as Outside, Runner’s World, Greatist, Mashable, and SFGate. (All of my clips live here.)
I’m also the author of Run the World: My 3,500-Mile Journey Through Running Cultures Around the Globe, published by HarperCollins in 2016. It chronicles my solo, 12-month, 22-country immersion into some of the world’s most fascinating running traditions, and is detailed here.
- Marathon- 2:30:41 (2013)
- Half Marathon- 1:09:40 (2020)
- 10,000m- 32:32.85 (2016)
- 3,000m Steeplechase- 9:48.04 (2012)
- 3 x Team USA qualifier (2008 World Junior Track and Field Championships, 2018 World Half Marathon Championships, 2020 World Half Marathon Championships- cancelled due to COVID)
- 4 x U.S. Olympic Trials participant (3K steeplechase, 2012 and 2016; marathon, 2016 and 2020)
- 4 x NCAA Division I All-American (2008-2012)
- U.S. Junior National Champion (3K steeplechase, 2008)
- Top 10 finishes in 4 marathons, including 2013 California International Marathon (1st), 2017 Houston Marathon (3rd), 2015 Los Angeles Marathon (8th), and 2017 Chicago Marathon (10th)
Agent (Running): Ray Flynn, Flynn Sports Management