Howdy! I’m Becky Wade Firth—a pro runner, published author, freelance writer, food and coffee lover, traveler, twin, and Texan currently living in Boulder, Colorado.
While not running upwards of 100 miles per week and racing all over the map, I write about fitness, food/nutrition, health, wellness, and travel for publications such as Outside, Runner’s World, REI’s Co-op Journal, Well + Good, Women’s Running, and PodiumRunner. (All of my clips live here.)
In 2016, I published a book called Run the World: My 3,500-Mile Journey Through Running Cultures Around the Globe. It chronicles my solo, 12-month, 22-country immersion into some of the world’s most fascinating running traditions, and is detailed here.
- Marathon- 2:30:41 (2013)
- Half Marathon- 1:09:40 (2020)
- 10,000m- 32:32.85 (2016)
- 3,000m Steeplechase- 9:48.04 (2012)
- 3 x Team USA qualifier (2008 World Junior Track and Field Championships, 2018 World Half Marathon Championships, 2020 World Half Marathon Championships- cancelled due to COVID)
- 4 x U.S. Olympic Trials participant (3K steeplechase, 2012 and 2016; marathon, 2016 and 2020)
- 4 x NCAA Division I All-American (2008-2012)
- U.S. Junior National Champion (3K steeplechase, 2008)
- Top 10 finishes in 4 marathons, including 2013 California International Marathon (1st), 2017 Houston Marathon (3rd), 2015 Los Angeles Marathon (8th), and 2017 Chicago Marathon (10th)
Agent (Running): Ray Flynn, Flynn Sports Management